Author Topic: Spotted: Toyota Tacoma  (Read 5325 times)

Safetyguy

Re: Spotted: Toyota Tacoma
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 01:16:14 PM »
This one followed me home after I lovingly took the keys from the salesmans hands.  New to me, 2011 Taco TX-TRD.

Came with 32's stock.  Rear locker and front LSD traction control.  Simulated Beadlocks.......I'm lovin it......

Downhill assist, etc......

Safety is a personal responsibility......don't blame your ignorance on me!!!!!!

Benno!

• Easily Distracted
    • Midwest Nomads - Where are we going?
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 04:37:56 AM »
Ruh Roh.  That mean the 4runners days are numbered?

87 XJ - Scrapped
94 Ranger   Parted out
Cookie Cutter 99 TJ Sold
All our randomness and build threads can be found at www.MidwestNomads.com

Safetyguy

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 06:13:15 AM »
Would not exactly say that....Even though I loved the little clown car (VW), it greatly limited what I could do with it.  Sure 50 MPG was nice, but that is just transportation......the same ole hum drumn of back and forth to work.  Could not stop at the home depot to pick up a few things, run to the country property for the afternoon, or just take off on a vacation out west....aka CO,NM, UT, CA, MT, Blah Blah....

Actually going through a significant mid-life crisis......my hobbies are so expensive and it is getting old maintaining a pull pig, trailer, DD, play toyota, atv, and tractors......

Who knows what I'll do......, but the new Tacoma won't see anything more than rock roads in the midwest.......way too nice to mess up.

I am looking forward to a camping adventures in Colorado next year.....Taylor, italian, the butte,

switching gears back to hiking and mountain biking......I got fat and unhealthy driving the overbuilt rig everywhere....

Safety is a personal responsibility......don't blame your ignorance on me!!!!!!

Benno!

• Easily Distracted
    • Midwest Nomads - Where are we going?
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2013, 10:05:41 AM »
......, but the new Tacoma won't see anything more than rock roads in the midwest.......way too nice to mess up....switching gears back to hiking and mountain biking......I got fat and unhealthy driving the overbuilt rig everywhere....

Famous last words there on the 'nothing harder than rock roads'  :)   

87 XJ - Scrapped
94 Ranger   Parted out
Cookie Cutter 99 TJ Sold
All our randomness and build threads can be found at www.MidwestNomads.com

Burton

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 05:52:52 AM »
I was behind a white extended cab with a square tube flat bed coming back to west county from the city last night (44,141,big bend).  Just wondered if it was anyone on the site.  Too dark for a picture.

Ben

habanero

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 06:21:59 PM »
Saw a real tall Taco on 141 north bound and north of 40 tonight. Silver, sticky outty wheels, black aftermarket front bumper...

G.T.

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2016, 11:50:00 AM »
......, but the new Tacoma won't see anything more than rock roads in the midwest.......way too nice to mess up....switching gears back to hiking and mountain biking......I got fat and unhealthy driving the overbuilt rig everywhere....

Famous last words there on the 'nothing harder than rock roads'  :)

Yeah, I said that once before as well. Still technically just a "rock road" right?

Taco16Jessy

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2017, 10:47:29 PM »
My old roommate spotted my taco at the Galleria mall today. Does that count?

I've seen a few modded tacos lately. Last one that stood out was a lat 2nd gen- I'd place it at a '13 or '14 silver access cab runner with dipped stock wheels and badges at the Valley Park Starbucks. He was staring hard core at me, and.....well I was staring at his truck too, lol.

G.T.

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2017, 03:23:08 PM »

I've seen a few modded tacos lately. Last one that stood out was a lat 2nd gen- I'd place it at a '13 or '14 silver access cab runner with dipped stock wheels and badges at the Valley Park Starbucks. He was staring hard core at me, and.....well I was staring at his truck too, lol.

He was jealous of the blue.

Taco16Jessy

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2017, 03:51:41 AM »

He was jealous of the blue.

That's gotta be it!
Had a guy at schnucks looking in my passenger side when I walked up to it a couple days ago. Asked him if he liked the truck and he said he liked the blue and the cheap ass seat covers I have in there. Guess I'll have to keep the blue stripes when I upgrade to some neopreme.

Taco16Jessy

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2017, 09:05:45 PM »
Silver 2nd gen today I270S around 2ish. Had a Tincup CO sticker on the right bumper. Made me jealous. I'll be buying that sticker next month while in town. Guy also stared over while I passed and either smiled or made a silly face, haha. I couldn't tell which.